New Internships and Jobs for Science Majors!
The Career Center is open and ready to support you remotely through our virtual appointments and online resources. To schedule a 1:1 appointment with our Career Specialists or Career Peers, click here. And don't forget to check out our extensive toolkit to meet your major-related and career-based needs!
APRIL IS CAREER MONTH! BE OPEN TO THE POSSIBILITIES!
UMBC's Career Month offers an opportunity for students to explore their professional options through workshops, employer led resume reviews, alumni panels and virtual recruiting events with employers. Each week we are featuring a different industry:
· April 12-16: Social Science & Humanities (Advocacy, Social Services, Education, Law & Policy)
· April 19-23: Research, Healthcare, Biotech & the Environment
· April 26-30: Computing, Engineering, Business & Data Analytics
We encourage all students from freshman to PhD-level to "Be open to the possibilities. Opportunities may exist in unexpected places!" Visit the calendar below for details about all upcoming events.
Become a Career Peer for the 2021-2022 Academic Year-Apply Now!
- Gain leadership skills
- Help fellow students with their résumés and cover letters
- Assist with special events
- Learn about career development
- Improve your presentation skills
- Log into your UMBCworks account ( http://careers.umbc.edu/umbcworks/ )
- Enter Job # 9325148 or # 9325150 (Internship) in the keyword box.
Get ready for the Allied Health Fair, this Wednesday, Apr. 21 from 11am - 1 pm
Learn about different programs from the schools themselves! Hear from representatives from a variety of allied health professional schools, as well as the admissions process and how to strengthen your application!
- Coppin State University
- Touro College of Pharmacy
- University of St.Augustine
- Salus University
- Virginia Commonwealth Univeristy
- Notre Dame of Maryland University
Pssst ... "Sustainability," in the context of this event, includes Agriculture, Energy, and other environmentally-focused, eco-friendly industries.
City of Baltimore Office of Sustainability
Parks & People Foundation
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
Please note you MUST have your resume approved by a Career Center staff member to apply to positions posted in UMBCworks. To schedule an appointment, click on "Schedule Appointment" from the UMBCworks homepage or call 410-455-2216.
We are located in Math/Psychology Room 201. Appointments can be made by calling 410-455-2216. We now have online scheduling too!
Please visit our website to find further information: careers.umbc.edu.
Having trouble with our links? Please LOG IN directly to UMBCworks before clicking the links in this email.
New Internships and Jobs in Science!
Workshops & Career Fairs
Upcoming Information Sessions