The Translational Life Sciences & Technology (TLST) program at UMBC - Shady Grove is organizing a Summer Biotech Bootcamp aiming to create a local biotech workforce. There will be 2 sessions of the camp, one is morning (9am-1pm) and other is evening (2pm-6pm). The camp will be starting from July 26th and ending on Aug 21st, 2021.
Currently, they are looking for a Lab Tech who will work as a teaching assistant (TA) in the camp. Tentatively, the TA will work 5 hours per day. The camp will happen 4 days per week, Monday to Thursday; Friday will be an off day. Tentatively, the TA will work a total of 85 hours in this 4-week camp. Compensation will be $1800 per session.
Qualification: The incumbent must be a recent graduate with Biology Major or is graduating in this year with Biology Major. The incumbent must have hands-on laboratory experience in biological sciences.
The following is the list of possible job duties:
1. Unboxing all the supplies, chemicals, regents, and organizing it.
2. Cleaning the working space once the camp is finished for that day and making it ready for the next day.
3. Maintaining neatness and cleanliness in the lab in context of COVID-19.
4. Helping trainees to perform their experiments.
5. Preparing and organizing a lab for the next day experiments.
6. Demonstrating and running equipment before the trainees.
7. Helping trainees calculating test results and recording in their notebook.
8. Maintaining equipment in proper work order and maintaining a clean workspace.
9. Practicing safe work habits, complying with all lab safety, health and environmental rules and regulations.
10. Maintaining the lab safety in a camp environment by enforcing strict COVID19 and other laboratory safety rules.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and your resume to Dr. Manik Ghosh (firstname.lastname@example.org).