The Department of Biological Sciences offers peer tutoring for all core courses in the biological sciences, and also for many biology electives. The Biology Learning Center in BS011, located in the basement near the department’s key teaching labs, is directed by a senior lecturer in the Department. The Director coordinates the peer tutors, who provide one-on-one scheduled tutorial assistance free of charge. For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer Hughes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tutoring and Academic Assistance:
- Biology Learning Center (BS011)
- Chemistry Tutorial Center- http://chemistry.umbc.edu/overview/chemistry-tutorial-center/
- The Academic Success Center, formerly the Learning Resources Center, (Sherman Hall, B wing, Room 345): offers small weekly group tutoring with certified peer tutors. LRC group tutoring is available for most 100 level and 200 level courses, and the LRC also offers tutoring for BIOL 302 and BIOL 303. Tutoring is free of charge and interested students should sign up here: http://lrc.umbc.edu/tutor
- Math/Science Tutoring Center- http://lrc.umbc.edu/tutor/math-lab/
- Writing Center- http://lrc.umbc.edu/tutor/writing-center/