The following resources may be of interest to students currently enrolled in UMBC’s undergraduate programs in Biological Sciences. If after reviewing the information found at the links below or throughout this website you still have questions, please contact the Undergraduate Academic Advisors for Life Sciences (CNMS Advising). Advising Assignments can be found here: https://cnmsadvising.umbc.edu/advising-assignments/.
Current Program Worksheets
- B.A. in Biological Sciences Requirements Worksheet (PDF), updated Oct. 2020
- B.S. in Biological Sciences Requirements Worksheet (PDF), updated Oct. 2020
- B.S. In Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Requirements Worksheet (PDF), updated November 2018
- B.S. in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Requirements Worksheet (PDF), updated May 2022
- For students who started at UMBC Fall 2022 onwards.
- B.S. in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Requirements Worksheet (PDF), updated March 2021
- For students who started at UMBC prior to Fall 2022.
- B.A. in Biology Education Requirements Worksheet (PDF), updated May 2022
- Minor in Biological Sciences Worksheet (PDF)
- Minor in Bioinformatics Requirements Worksheet (PDF)
- Minor in Quantitative Biology Requirements Worksheet (PDF)
- If you are a returning student still under the Legacy BIOL major requirements (pre-2010), please contact the Biological Sciences Office for an appropriate Legacy worksheet.
- Petition for Waiver/Substitution of Program Requirements
- Pre-Advising Sheet (advisors may have their own version of this form)
- Sample requirements for BIOL 398 – Co-op Internship in the Biological Sciences
- BIOL BA versus BS degree
- BioCOM (Biology Council of Majors)
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Pathways (suggested 4-year plans)
- ARTSYS – Transfer database for Maryland community colleges
- Course Articulation Database (TES) – Transfer database for 4-year institutions and non-MD community colleges
- Office of the Registrar
- The Shriver Center
- Career Center
- Office of Student Disability Services
- Counseling Center
- Off-Campus Student Services
- UMBC Undergraduate Catalog
- Pre-Professional Advising (Pre-Nursing, PA, PT, OT, & Dental Hygiene)
- Pre-Medical & Pre-Dental Advising Office